Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Book handbag

This handbag appeals to me on so many different levels. From here.

1. It is made from a book
2. It is recycling existing materials
3. It is beautiful (I love the lining fabric)
4. It is unusual and quirky



I occassionally come across pictures of furniture made out of books and artworks or other handmade items made from books, pages or book bindings and covers. I love this concept and although I don't own any, I would love to. I fear it might open myself up to more ridicule from my friends (I am currently learning how to crochet granny squares, think craft is the new cool and own two cats, if that isn't enough). I also love the art and designs used for book covers these days and find myself attracted to books in shops by their design or artwork (and wine bottles by their label designs).

No comments:

Post a Comment