Monday, May 25, 2009

Reinvented books

More fun and creativity with books. I am so glad that people are finding ways to reuse and reinvent the old books that us librarians are forced to throw out because we need the space and the machine tells us no-one has borrowed them in 2 years.

I bought one of their journals at a market on the weekend for my father, an old Chaucer title. They incorporate some of the pages of text, title pages and book plates into the blank sheets of journal paper. Some even have library card sleeves in the front!! They also make bookmarks out of the left over spines. I loved the retro styled ones, including old children's books and games.

They are based in Sydney but sell online too. I really could have bought several of these, if Mum wasn't with me .....



Bornagain Books

No comments:

Post a Comment